We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Drowning, dehydration, heat stroke, bites ... how to protect toddlers from summer accidents? Here are some tips to limit the risks.
Holidays in the mountains
- The altitude is not suitable for very young people children and may increase the risk of sudden death in infants. Depending on the age of the small holidaymaker, altitude limits must not be exceeded:
- 1,200m for less than 6 months.
- 2000m for less than 1 year.
- 2500m for children under 2 years old.
- In case of hiking, it is necessary to protect children from the sun and to put them on well to prevent them from slipping. They should never walk alone, ahead of their parents or behind.
Holidays at the seaside
- Drowning is the leading cause of accidental death in children. Each year, there are a hundred to drown. To avoid this type of accident, it is essential that they be monitored and provided with buoys or armbands during each swim.
- Following prolonged exposure to the sun, toddlers may experience heat stroke and dehydration. If they experience the following symptoms, contact emergency assistance: crying, with ringed eyes, confusion, drying of tongue and lips.